Search This Blog

Independent Artist

Monday, May 2, 2011

Six Questions - Indecent the Slapmaster

Today is the first segment we like to call "Six Questions". In this first installment we will be talking with Indecent the Slapmaster producer of many Bay Area Slaps. If you are not familiar with him you can find him at www.slapmaster.net 


 Six Questions W/ Slapmaster

1. What got you started making beats?
I always loved music, got my first little Casio keyboard when I was like 12. Me and the homies would fool around and I was the one recording them
(on a Karaoke machine in the basement lol) and making the beats.
I never stopped since.

2. What equipment were you using back then?
At 14 I had a Yamaha PSR (Keyboard), Alesis SR 16 (Drum Machine)
Vastex 4 track (recorder), and a piece of shit mic lol.

At 20 I had a Yamaha Motif 6 (Keyboard), Proteus 2000 (Sounds), Mo Phatt (Sounds), Yamaha Digital 16 track (recorder), Presonus (mic pre amp), Grooves Tube (Mic)

3. What equipment are you using now?
I have got rid of all the external equipment. I now run Nuendo, Reasons, Presonus Studio Channel Mic Pre, Grooves tube Mic, bx5a studio monitors,
Vsti Instruments and over a TB of sounds.

4. How has the Internet changed the way you do business?
Slowed down CD sales but allowed me to reach out to audience/clients I couldn't reach before.
5. What projects do you have going on right now?
So many it’s hard to sit here and try to name them all lol.
Doing production and studio work for K.O.B., Baby Bash, E-40, N2Deep, Acktup, Agerman of 3x Krazy, ect ect. My production credits are pretty long, just got to www.slapmaster.net to check out the list.

6. What advice would you give up and coming producers?
Push a hard line and learn, get better each year, be in the public eye. There are a lot of great producers out there but the ones who make it are the ones that are not just dope, but can be an actual people person and be in the public eye.

P.s. there is a BIG difference then a beat maker and a producer.
 








No comments:

Post a Comment